304 Jefferson Street, Whiteville, NC 28472
(910) 640 1088 fax
(910) 640-6615 ext 7015
Our Mission Statement is to prevent disease, promote health and protect the environment for all citizens and to continually assess and respond to the health needs of the community as a whole. Public health looks not only at the individual but also the family and community. With regard to stewardship of resources, public health strives for the most good for the greatest number of people. Our Mission is based on the following beliefs:
- Public health is community based.
- Prevention and early intervention are essential in maintaining health.
- The health of the individual affects the quality of life of the community.
- Health education is essential for making choices for health living.
- Individuals have a responsibility for their own health.
- All individuals should have access to basic health care.
- A holistic approach promotes optimal health.
- Health care providers are valuable resources for the community.
- A pollution free environment (clean air, water, soil, food) is essential to optimum health.
- The health needs of a community are dynamic and measurable.
- Quality assurance is essential in health care.
We accept the following insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Blue Medicare, Champ VA, Cigna, Humana, Medcost, Medicaid, Medicare, NC Health Choice, NC State Health Plan, Tricare, Railroad Retirement, UMR, United Healthcare, and self-pay. The Department has sliding fee scale for 200% above poverty level to assist those with a need.
In compliance with federal, state, and local laws, it is the policy of Columbus County Health Department not to discriminate against any employee/person because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual preference, disability, veteran status, marital status, or age in the admission or access to, operation of, or in the employment policies of its services, programs, and activities.
PATIENT DISMISSAL POLICY (PDF)