Candle Light Event
- This is an annual event that started in 1989 to support our troops in Desert Storm. This event consists of singing Christmas Carols, lighting of the tree and serving refreshments.
- Boys and Girls ages 6-15
- Locations: Basketball Programs will be held at the following schools gymnasiums; Acme Delco Middle, Hallsboro Middle, Nakina Middle, Tabor City Middle, Williams Township Middle and Chadbourn Elementary.
- Registration fee of $10
- Locations: Williams Township School, Evergreen Elementary School, Chadbourn Depot, Riegelwood Community Park, Tabor City Recreation Complex, Whiteville-Lower Cape Fear Hospice/Angel House, Cerro Gordo Woodman of the World, Old Dock Community Park, Bogue Community Park, Bolton Park, Farmers Union Elra & Gertrude Spaulding Park, St. James Community Park and Elizabeth Brinkley Park in Lake Waccamaw.
- All girls and boys up to 12 years of age are welcome to participate in any one of the Easter egg hunts listed above. Each egg hunt will have three age divisions, 0-3, 4-7 and 8-12.
Farmers Market Run
- Location Columbus County Farmers Market
- The Columbus County Farmers Market Fun Run and Walk is an annual event that takes place in May each year. This is a 5k (3.1 miles) run/walk and a ½ mile kids fun run before the 5k starts.
Annual Picnic for Special Populations
- Location: Southeastern Community College (Picnic shelter at baseball/softball fields)
- Columbus County Parks and Recreation’s Annual Picnic for Special Populations takes place every year in April.
- This event is for our Special Populations in Columbus County; which includes a live DJ and food served to all participants and instructors/technicians.
- Clinics are designed to teach and enhance individual skills from qualified instructors
- Fall soccer is open to boys and girls ages 4-15. All games will be held at Edgewood Park, Kramer Soccer Fields, Whiteville Recreation Center, Columbus Christian Academy, Columbus Regional Hospital and any other designated areas.
- Registration fee of $30
Safe Nite for Kids
- Safe Nite for Kids is one of the largest events held by our Department. It is an annual event held at The Boys and Girls Home arena of Lake Waccamaw. This event is FREE and open to the public. Booths will be set up around and outside the arena for participants to play games and win prizes.