COLUMBUS COUNTY TAX ADMINISTRATION
125-A WASHINGTON STREET
WHITEVILLE NC 28472
EFFECTIVE MARCH 31, 2020 THE TAX OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
TAX PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE VIA THE FOLLOWING:
BY MAIL, PHONE (888-686-3335), ON-LINE, OR PUT IN THE DROPBOX LOCATED OUTSIDE OF THE TAX OFFICE. THE TAX OFFICE WILL MAIL YOU A RECEIPT.
We use Heartland Credit Card Payments.
Click here to visit the Online Payment Center
You can also pay by telephone at 1-888-686-3335
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, CALL 910-640-6636 EXT. 117
The 2019 Taxes will be delinquent on January 7, 2020 at which time a 2 % penalty will be assessed!
We offer a 2 % discount if the taxes are paid by August 31, 2019.
If the taxes are delinquent or you have questions, you can email me to inquire if the property is in tax foreclosure proceedings or other legal action! firstname.lastname@example.org
- The taxing entities we collect for are: Columbus County; City of Whiteville; Towns of Fair Bluff, Sandyfield, Boardman, Brunswick, and Cerro Gordo.
- Starting with the 2019 Taxes going forward the county will also collect taxes for the Town of Tabor City and the Town of Chadbourn. For inquiries on taxes prior to 2019 contact the towns directly!
- For taxes on other towns, contact them: Tabor City 910-653-3458, Bolton 910-655-8945, Chadbourn 910-654-4148, Lake Waccamaw 910-646-3700.
- For taxes due click on the Statement, For the actual property address and assessed value click on the property card.
- Amounts are good through the last day of the month. Interest accrues on the 1st day of each month on delinquent taxes. (3/4 %)
- CASH, CHECK OR CREDIT CARD ARE FORMS OF PAYMENT WE ACCEPT
- To pay by phone call 1-888-686-3335. All you need is the Tax Account number.
- If legal action has been initiated, the legal fees are not captured online, you must email email@example.com to get the total due including legal fees to redeem from foreclosure!!
- Once the property has been advertised to be sold, only certified funds will be accepted to redeem the property!!
- Once a property is sold and the court confirms the sale there is no redemption in NC.
All payments can be mailed to:
Columbus County Tax Office
125-A Washington St.
Whiteville NC 28472