COLUMBUS COUNTY TAX ADMINISTRATION
125-A WASHINGTON STREET
WHITEVILLE NC 28472
The lobby to the tax office is open to the public from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
TAX PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE VIA THE FOLLOWING:
BY MAIL, PHONE (888-686-3335), ON-LINE, DROPBOX OR IN PERSON
We use Heartland Credit Card Payments.
Click here to visit the Online Payment Center
You can also pay by telephone at 1-888-686-3335
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, CALL 910-640-6636 EXT. 117
Taxes are Due on September 1st
The 2021 Taxes Will be DELINQUENT ON JANUARY 6, 2022.
If the taxes are delinquent or you have questions, you can email me to inquire if the property is in tax foreclosure proceedings or other legal action! email@example.com
- The taxing entities we collect for are: Columbus County; City of Whiteville; Towns of Fair Bluff, Sandyfield, Boardman, Brunswick, Cerro Gordo, Bolton, Chadbourn, Tabor City, and Lake Waccamaw.
- For inquiries on taxes prior to 2019, for the towns of Bolton, Chadbourn, Tabor City, and Lake Waccamaw you will need to contact those towns directly!
- Tabor City 910-653-3458, Bolton 910-655-8945, Chadbourn 910-654-4148, Lake Waccamaw 910-646-3700.
- For taxes due click on the Statement, For the actual property address and assessed value click on the property card.
- Amounts are good through the last day of the month. Interest accrues on the 1st day of each month on delinquent taxes. (3/4 %)
- CASH, CHECK OR CREDIT CARD ARE FORMS OF PAYMENT WE ACCEPT
- If legal action has been initiated, the legal fees are not captured online, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the total due including legal fees to redeem from foreclosure!!
- Once the property has been advertised to be sold, only certified funds will be accepted to redeem the property!!
- Once a property is sold and the court confirms the sale there is no redemption in NC.
All payments can be mailed to:
Columbus County Tax Office Or P O Box 1468, Whiteville NC 28472
125-A Washington St.
Whiteville NC 28472