WHEN: Beginning November 7, 2016
WHERE: Columbus County DSS
WHO MAY QUALIFY:
- Household MUST meet an income test.
- Household MUST include a U.S. citizen or an eligible alien.
- Household MUST contain a person over age 60 or a child age 5 or under or a person with a verified medical condition (WITH A DOCTOR’S NOTE – which will be provided by DSS staff) and
- must have a disconnect notice that will take affect in less than 48 hours from BEMC or Duke Energy or
- must have less than $16 on their powerstat, or
- must have less than 10% fuel
- Household MUST be without another heating source.
- Household MUST be without sufficient, timely, and appropriate assistance from any other source.
- Everyone living in the household will be included in the application.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Picture I.D. for person making application and SS#’s of all household members
- Cut off notice from Duke Progress Energy or Brunswick Electric OR Powerstat card with a legible card number
- If making an application for another person, must have a written statement from that person and a phone # where that person can be reached during the application process – can only be primary application and one other application
FUNDS ARE LIMITED AND A LIMITED AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS WILL BE TAKEN EACH DAY
***Wood will also be available as a heating source (if wood is the primary heating source)***
ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED WILL BE VERIFIED!!