If Work Begins Without A Permit, The Fee Is Double.
All taxes must be paid before a building permit is issued.
Building Permits Do Not Include:
- Other Permits That May Be Required
If you are building a new single family home in Columbus County please print the following packets to help guide you through the permitting process.
New Fees Effective July 1, 2023
ATTENTION BUILDERS: If you are in the Duke Energy service territory, please complete your application for service with Duke Energy to keep your project on schedule. Visit duke-energy.com/ServiceOrder to access our new Builder Portal and self-serve your request for construction and permanent power, as well as track your work orders. You will also find contact information for our dedicated Builder Phone Line. You can call to have a specialized team member assist you with your application for service.
- Building Permit Impact Statement
- Building Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Insulation Permit Application
- Mobile Home Set-Up Permit Application
- Modular Building Permit Checklist
- Mobile Home Checklist
- Pool Spa or Hot Tub Permit Application
- Conditional Power Application
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
127 West Webster St
Whiteville, NC 28472
(910) 640 6619 voice
(910) 640 6649 fax
No Permits will be issued
from 11:30am to 1:00pm
or after 4:30pm